Everyday Heroes Program
The Ambassadors Foundation was originally established to help create and promote homeownership opportunities for San Diego police officers. Our Everyday Heroes program provides interest rate buy-downs for qualified officers, saving them hundreds of dollars each month on their mortgage payments.
- Officer must be a first-time home buyer
- Current member of the Police Officers Association
- A member of the San Diego Police Department force for 2-5 years
- Officers must attend a free First-time Home Buyers Workshop.
To apply for the Everyday Heroes program:
- Complete an application through the Police Officers Association
- Ambassadors Foundation board members review applications
- Second-stage qualifiers are notified of approval and select a mortgage broker and REALTOR®
Our ultimate goal is to assist to every officer purchase a home, so we also offer education assistance to those who don’t immediately qualify to prepare them for future home ownership.
“I thank the San Diego Association of REALTORS® for launching the Ambassadors Foundation and creating the Everyday Heroes program which seeks to provide homeownership opportunities for San Diego police officers.”
— Jerry Sanders, Mayor of San Diego
“The San Diego Police Officer’s Association fully supports the San Diego Association of REALTORS® Ambassadors Foundation Everyday Heroes program. By establishing Everyday Heroes, the Ambassadors Foundation is demonstrating its appreciation and commitment to San Diego’s citizens and police officers. This program will help San Diego police officers realize the “American Dream” of homeownership.”
— Bill Nemec, former President, San Diego Police Officer’s Association