Helping Military Heroes
We’re Committed to Helping Local Military Heroes
Did you know that California is ranked #1 for the greatest number of veterans eligible for a VA loan, but only 6.1% of California’s veterans have used their VA benefit? This is why we have made it our mission to educate veterans and real estate professionals about utilizing VA loans. We are proud to offer special educational resources to aid them in achieving the dream of homeownership. This project will operate on many fronts.
- First, we offer specialized training to our real estate community to keep them informed and educated on VA home loans.
- We provide free Military Home Buyers Workshops throughout the year. This is a great opportunity for military service members and veterans to learn more about their VA benefits in a sales–free environment. Submit this form for information
- This year, we have chosen to work with two local charities that benefit military families and veterans. All of our events this year will benefit Homefront San Diego and Wounded Warrior Homes, as well as three other local charities.
Resources on VA Loans & Benefits:
Fast Facts About VA Home Loans:
- VA home loans can be used to purchase foreclosed and short-sale properties with as little as no money down.
- You can use more than one loan when working with a VA loan
- There is no limit to a VA loan
- Surviving spouses may borrow up to $417,000 (more in high-cost counties) with no money down. And, surviving spouses are exempt from paying the VA funding fee.
- Military members deployed overseas can sign a power of attorney or (POA) designating a spouse or someone else to act as on their behalf for a VA loan transaction.
- You can close in 30 days with a VA lender. The VA-approved lenders can decide a borrower’s credit risk on their own.
- You don’t have to use a VA inspector with a VA loan.
Become an expert on VA loans by taking specialized courses provided by the California Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®. For more information on our VA Loan Courses visit SDAR.com/education